If you have two (or more) deals that are related, you should "link" them to easily navigate from one to another. A deal can only have one parent deal, but it may have arbitrarily many children deals. For example, there is typically only a single "Master Service Agreement" with a customer, but there may be multiple amendments and addendums to the MSA. Sales contracts, order forms and statements of work would all also be covered by (and linked to) that same MSA.
- From the Dashboard. Click on the button to "Modify a deal" and you'll be able to search for and then select the parent deal. This approach only allows you to create an addendum or amendment deal.
- From the Deals List. You can create a sub (child) deal by clicking on the action ellipses in the right-most column on the row of the parent deal. The customer is automatically selected to be the same one and you're taken immediately to the deal profile page.
- From the Deal Profile page. Near the bottom of the page is a link, "Yes, show me" answering the question, "Would you like to link <DEAL_NAME> to another deal?" Click it, and you can select another deal along with the relationship to the current deal.
- In the Deals List. The most senior parent deal is shown with a plus icon. Clicking the plus expands to show the child deal(s). If there are grandchildren deals, the child deals will similarly have a plus icon that may be clicked to view the grandchild(ren) deal(s).
- In the Deal Summary. Associated deals (parent and/or child deals) are shown in the lower right.
- In the Deal Profile. Linked deals are listed between the tags and uploaded files.