A deal amendment is a special type of new deal. You'll want it linked to the previous deal, in order to easily cross-reference the two. Here is how you can do this in TrueRev.
- From the home tab (dashboard), click the "Modify a Deal" tile.
- Search to find the deal you want to amend and click on it from the results list.
- Check the radio button "I would like to amend to this deal."
- Click continue and enter the deal information as usual.
- Open the deals list tab.
- Sort or filter the list to help find the deal you want to amend.
- Once you've found it, click the action ellipses and click "Create sub deal" from the context menu.
- Select "Amendment" as the deal type and enter the rest of the deal information as usual.
You'll note that the deal has pre-selected the same customer and the profile page has automatically linked the original deal (as a parent) to this new deal.