There are a couple of distinct types of recurring invoices.
If you need to split your booked amount into equal portions and send the same invoice at regular intervals:
- Set up the deal and product booking. Make sure the product booking amount is a multiple of the number of invoices you'll be sending.
- Continue to the billing schedule.
- Select the product. Recurring is the default billing schedule type.
- Fill in the regular invoice amount, how often to bill, when to send the first invoice, and how many invoices to send.
- Click the "save" button
- As the invoice schedule dates arrive, you'll get reminded to review and send them, so you don't need to remember or track that on your own.
If you have a "no end date" deal and want to send the same invoice at regular intervals (similar to a cell phone service contract):
- On the deal dates page, select auto-renew and set the renewal period to the same frequency at which you want to send the invoices.
- On the booking page, expand the product details and check the "Auto Renewal" box.
- Setup billing to use custom and send the full amount on the invoice.
- When the deal "renews", you'll be able to send the same invoice again.
Yes, we realize it's awkward, clunky & not at all intuitive — we're working to get this improved in the next release.